It is a universal belief that most teens believe their parents know little or nothing compared to themselves. I know from my own observations that teens want to be independent more than anything and this push for independence often does parade as know-it-all-ness as they take risks and want to spread their wings. My own teens are no different and there are times, their actions scream "Mom you know nothing!"
My eldest has always been advanced for his years. A bright child, he has grown into a bright young man. He's still technically a "teen" and yet he recently was able to acknowledge to me that he guessed I knew what I was doing raising him and that perhaps I did really know a thing or two.
Contrast that to littles who are certain Mommy must know everything. Why else would they ask such questions?
Mommy, who is the youngest person in God's family?
Hmm, I guess it would have to be a baby somewhere.
What's his name, Mommy?
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)