A conversation at another family's dinner table in my town tonight.
Papa Bear: So girls how was your day today?
Petunia: Oh, Daddy, we had the funniest thing happen to us in the store today.
Papa Bear: Really?
Buttercup: Yes, Daddy, some lady was staring at us and followed us down the potato chip aisle trying to get Mommy's attention.
Papa Bear, raising eyebrows: Seriously. Were you scared?
Petunia: Oh no, Daddy. She was polite and smiling and looked friendly.
Buttercup, in her big sister important voice: and a little scared too I think!
Papa Bear: What did she want?
Petunia: She asked Mommy if we went to ABC School. Mommy told her we went to 123 School.
Buttercup, giggling: She told Mommy she was sure glad to hear that. She said our uniforms matched her girls and she was nervous she'd missed the memo that they had half day today and they were sitting at their school just waiting for her.
Petunia: Daddy! Can you imagine NOT knowing when you're supposed to pick up your kids from school. I'm glad Mommy knows. She's the best Mommy in the whole world!
Papa Bear: That she is. I'm glad to know her girls were okay too.
Fade out to giggles.
Papa Bear: So girls how was your day today?
Petunia: Oh, Daddy, we had the funniest thing happen to us in the store today.
Papa Bear: Really?
Buttercup: Yes, Daddy, some lady was staring at us and followed us down the potato chip aisle trying to get Mommy's attention.
Papa Bear, raising eyebrows: Seriously. Were you scared?
Petunia: Oh no, Daddy. She was polite and smiling and looked friendly.
Buttercup, in her big sister important voice: and a little scared too I think!
Papa Bear: What did she want?
Petunia: She asked Mommy if we went to ABC School. Mommy told her we went to 123 School.
Buttercup, giggling: She told Mommy she was sure glad to hear that. She said our uniforms matched her girls and she was nervous she'd missed the memo that they had half day today and they were sitting at their school just waiting for her.
Petunia: Daddy! Can you imagine NOT knowing when you're supposed to pick up your kids from school. I'm glad Mommy knows. She's the best Mommy in the whole world!
Papa Bear: That she is. I'm glad to know her girls were okay too.
Fade out to giggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)