Today I embark on a new adventure, a new season of life. I have eagerly anticipated this day for quite some time. I have dreamed of it, counted down the days to it, longed for it. And now it is here.
As I sip my cappucino and have my morning devotions this morning, I wonder where is the euphoria? Why am I not jumping up and down with gleeful expectation for what the day holds (hours of solitude and, of course, a mani/pedi appointment!)? Why are my eyes a little leaky?
Why? Plain and simple, because I love my kids. I consider it my greatest joy and duty to pour myself into them. There have been days...even weeks and months...I felt there was nothing left to pour out. Yet, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would do anything for them that was for their best, and for the past 19 years, homeschooling them, has been the best for them. Homeschooling was what the Lord would have me do for them.
And now I know with the same conviction, it is time for a change. It is time for Sunshine and Sweetness to attend school. I have done all I can for them and what they need most at this time, is not what I can provide, but what the Lord has provided for them. A small Christian school walking distance from our new home.
I am excited for them. I am excited for me. It is a new chapter with so many possibilities and opportunities. I am eager to see how the Lord provides for each of us during this new season.
That doesn't mean though I'm not also a little sad, and I won't miss the awesome privilege and responsbility of having my girls always at my side.
As I sip my cappucino and have my morning devotions this morning, I wonder where is the euphoria? Why am I not jumping up and down with gleeful expectation for what the day holds (hours of solitude and, of course, a mani/pedi appointment!)? Why are my eyes a little leaky?
Why? Plain and simple, because I love my kids. I consider it my greatest joy and duty to pour myself into them. There have been days...even weeks and months...I felt there was nothing left to pour out. Yet, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would do anything for them that was for their best, and for the past 19 years, homeschooling them, has been the best for them. Homeschooling was what the Lord would have me do for them.
And now I know with the same conviction, it is time for a change. It is time for Sunshine and Sweetness to attend school. I have done all I can for them and what they need most at this time, is not what I can provide, but what the Lord has provided for them. A small Christian school walking distance from our new home.
I am excited for them. I am excited for me. It is a new chapter with so many possibilities and opportunities. I am eager to see how the Lord provides for each of us during this new season.
That doesn't mean though I'm not also a little sad, and I won't miss the awesome privilege and responsbility of having my girls always at my side.
| walking to school with a neighbor |
I love your shadow in the last picture, watching your girls leave on this new adventure.
ReplyDelete