Monday, May 4, 2015

The Father Knows Best

Three years ago, I was awaiting packers to take my stuff...and thus me by default..kicking and screaming to our latest assignment.  I was stressed, frazzled, bitter and rebellious to the idea of being so far from my big people and my family.  Why couldn't MWC just retire and let me stay in the US? Why did he have to get HIS dream assignment and why did I have to follow yet again when all I wanted to do was to stay put where life was comfortable and familiar and I'd be nearer to those I love best?

The answer is simple...because God knows me best and and knows best what I need and knows how to show me His love best...and England was the best place.

So today as I sit here for the last day before my packers come, I can't help at marvel at the difference of my heart 3 years later.  Yes, I am ready to get back to the US. To not have an ocean and several time zones to maneuver to visit or talk with my loved ones is huge! But I am also so thankful that the Lord did not give into my little hissy fit and give me my own way 3 years ago.

We have had so many wonderful adventures since we've been here.  And we've travelled more than I ever could have imagined.  I have had more "is this really my life?" moments in the past 3 years than most people have in an entire lifetime. Yet, those are just the icing on the cake.  The truest joy I've known here has been in the people I have met who have shared our lives and have loved us.   From coworkers of MWC who welcomed us and helped us navigate this strange new world upon our arrival to my homeschool friends who have blessed us with much sweet fellowship and have been a never ending support and help over these three years to our wonderful church family, their worth is inestimable.

Yesterday, I sat in church barely able to hold back tears.  How can I only have a few more weeks to worship with these people?  How can there only be this many sermons left to listen to from this amazing pastor?  How will I bear not seeing all these beautiful babies recently born and these darling toddlers I adore grow up?  Will I ever find a church that shows such grace and unconditional love and acceptance again?  What will happen to this renewed spark, just barely flickering still, of spiritual growth when I leave this place?

I do not know the answer to these questions, but I do know Who does.  And during this move, while the tears may flow and my sadness of goodbyes may at times overwhelm me, I will cling to that old adage  FATHER KNOWS BEST to get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)