I interrupt this string of photos for the month with an actual post to share a personal praise/victory/success story. Whatever you want to call it. Drumroll please......
I could hardly catch my breath and could barely carry on a conversation in my deep water workout class today.
No, I'm not crazy. I know, I know. MOST people would not celebrate or brag about having such a hard time continuing to exercise and sucking wind during a workout.
However, I am not MOST people. (no comments from the peanut gallery please!!)
So why am I celebrating? For the past 10, 15, 20 years??..... I don't know exactly how many because I do not remember when I actually had enough strength in my body (and particularly my knees and legs) to do any workout that enabled me to raise my heart rate so high. However, today I did. I actually had to tell my body to back off some so I could catch my breath. In Tuesday's class, I was able to *run* through the water for a length of the pool, without my buoyancy belt. I didn't break any speed records, but neither did I sink to the bottom. My legs were strong enough to not only keep me afloat but to also propel me through the water.
First it was 10 pounds and getting into the old jeans. Now I'm able to get my heart working hard because my legs are so much stronger. And for me that is worth more celebrating than the 10 pounds and old jeans....well, almost!
I could hardly catch my breath and could barely carry on a conversation in my deep water workout class today.
No, I'm not crazy. I know, I know. MOST people would not celebrate or brag about having such a hard time continuing to exercise and sucking wind during a workout.
However, I am not MOST people. (no comments from the peanut gallery please!!)
So why am I celebrating? For the past 10, 15, 20 years??..... I don't know exactly how many because I do not remember when I actually had enough strength in my body (and particularly my knees and legs) to do any workout that enabled me to raise my heart rate so high. However, today I did. I actually had to tell my body to back off some so I could catch my breath. In Tuesday's class, I was able to *run* through the water for a length of the pool, without my buoyancy belt. I didn't break any speed records, but neither did I sink to the bottom. My legs were strong enough to not only keep me afloat but to also propel me through the water.
First it was 10 pounds and getting into the old jeans. Now I'm able to get my heart working hard because my legs are so much stronger. And for me that is worth more celebrating than the 10 pounds and old jeans....well, almost!
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)