Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My favorite part of the school year

The girls wake cheerfully, make their beds in their straightened room, get dressed, do their morning chores and have a healthy breakfast and are ready to start school right on time.

Everyone knows where everything is and comes to the table with everything she needs and a good attitude, ready to work diligently.

I am well prepared with an organized lesson plan for the day using the best curriculum we've ever used and all of us are eager and ready to put in a good day's work.  The girls do their work without difficulty, and I am an excellent teacher, patiently and diligently explaining everything in such a way that they understand.

We are done by lunch time and have the afternoon to pursue hobbies, climb trees, read books and stay on top of housework and on special days have play dates with friends.

You must be wondering how I've managed to pull all of this off this year. I'm sure you're thinking, after 16 years of this, she's really got this under control and knows what she's doing.  Perhaps she can teach me how to have such an ideal homeschool in our home.

I'll let you in on my little secret:  This is my favorite part of the school year because this is the part of the school year, that I'm planning NEXT year and envisioning it.

Its a very pleasant reality, please do not disturb.  September will come soon enough.


1 comment:

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)