Some men are born sweet talkers and know just the right
thing to say to woo their wives. Others
need coaching along the way. MWC is of
the latter. Not being a mushy sort
myself, I’m usually fine with it, but do like to hear sweet talk on occasion
and have attempted to train him in this area.
(He tells me the fact that I usually laugh uproariously when he tries is
definitely not positive reinforcement, but that’s another story.)
I have learned over 27 years he needs little hints and
prompts to muster up some sweet talk.
Sometimes he just tries on his own…today was such a day. And he almost
succeeded.
Today he’s been out and about with the girls. I’ve been at home getting some long overdue
housework done as well as relaxing some.
I haven’t left the house and haven’t bothered to put on any makeup…I did
shower at least…so I’m not looking my finest. (In fact, I look pretty pale and run down.) So I jokingly say to MWC as I pass by the
room he’s in, “I’m not sure how you’re not swooning over me today, I’m such a
picture of loveliness!”
Hearing the heavy sarcasm in my voice and not seeing my face,
he replied innocently “What? Are you not
wearing makeup today?
“Awww, you’re sweet to not have noticed.”
“So I did good huh?”
So yes, he almost succeeded.
If only he hadn’t wanted feedback on his attempt.
Maybe I don’t have a
husband whose an accomplished sweet talker. I do, however, have one who has
spent a lovely day with our girls as I’ve enjoyed some solitude at home and who
is fixing dinner as I type this. I’ll
take sweet actions over sweet words any day.But that doesn’t mean I won’t keep trying to teach the old
dog new tricks and have BOTH.
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)