Sunday, February 3, 2013

MWC is a failure

I don't usually like to air dirty laundry...or as my very good friend would say should I complain publicly about  MWC's faults, "your slip is showing!"  but I just can't help myself today.

You see we had a sermon this evening on what it means to be a godly husband.  It was a most excellent sermon and our pastor laid out 7 things a man must do to NOT be a godly husband.  MWC failed at all 7!  I mean really, what husband can fail at 7 things at once!  To be fair, while he failed MOST items BIG time, there are a few he only failed a little..but I won't tell which ones were epic fails and which are little. I do have my limits as to how much dirty laundry I'm willing to air.

So here's the list of items MWC fails at.  Bummer for me isn't it?

Item #1.  Do NOT love your wife with agape love...agape being a deep sacrificial love.

Item #2.  Hold grudges, deny all guilt and responsibility in conflicts and grumble about the unfinished piece of work your wife is now instead of seeing the piece of glory she is becoming.

Item #3.  Don't take the lead. Do not be a shepherd to your family, praying for them and setting a Christ-like example for them.

Item #4.  Neglect your wife. Do not nurture or cherish her and show her how important she is to you.

Item #5.  Be unfaithful to her.  Not just physically. Let other priorities such as work and family steal you away from her.

Item #6. Dominate and control her.

Item #7.  Do not follow Christ or realize the greatness you've been called to to be Christlike in your home so that your wife will see and know Christ by watching you.

I can only hope and pray that my sons grow up to be such failures and my daughters marry some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)