Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EARTHQUAKE!

I was sitting in my den chatting online with support at an online computer store trying to decide what adapter I needed to buy for my laptop. Frog was in his room and Sweetness and Sunshine were outside playing with neighbors in our front yard.

I heard a loud noise and felt a little shaking.

My first thought? "Frog stop doing whatever you are doing up there!" but then I realized, there was nothing Frog could do upstairs that would make the floor downstairs roll.

Having lived in CA for several years, I knew what it was, and it was not my first. In fact,I kept telling the girls, "this is just little. We're going to be okay." I don't think it being "just little" compared to, say Japan or CA, was any comfort to them. Sunshine and our neighbor girls were terrified. Sweetness was curious but rather laid back by the whole ordeal.

Frog's response, "was that an earthquake? Awesome!!"

And there you have it, the all important answer to the question on everyone's mind...and every news channel on the East Coast, "So what were you doing during the D.C. Quake of 2011?"

Inquiring minds want to know, don't they?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again!
    I find your blog very encouraging! :D
    Love,
    Michele (in Georgia)

    ReplyDelete

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)