Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Its the little things

that will take the longest to get used to I think.

Now that Swan has flown off to college, I'm realizing all the little ways I need to re-adjust my thinking.

I no longer have to slide all the way down on the picnic table bench to make room for everyone. There are just 5 of us now so there's plenty of room.

I do not need to remind the girls to be quiet in the morning. There is no Sleeping Beauty in the next room to be awakened by such noise.

Sunshine and Sweetness are my constant sidekicks once again. Frog is busy with cross-country at school and Clone and Swan are gone so there is no one to leave them with.

Chatting on Facebook will take the place of late night chats in Swan's bed.

However, in the big picture, I still have great kids who talk to me wherever they are and I live in an age of technology that makes it easy. I am a blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)