Sunday, July 26, 2015

Moving update

This evening after worship service, I was talking to my new friend and the topic of blogs came up. I had forgotten when I last blogged so I came to check.  Coincidentally, it was about moving and was written just before our household goods were packed up and tonight as I write again, it's just before those household goods are delivered.

Since I last posted, we have crossed the Atlantic ocean, travelled through 11 states, married off our precious Swan, cleaned out MWC's mom's house for her, visited family, and moved to the west coast of the US where we've bought a car, rented a house, found a school for the girls, and are settling into a new life.  After 2-1/2 months of living on borrowed furniture or sleeping in hotels or someone's home, tomorrow we will be reunited with most of our own things yet again, and settle into a house which will be our home for the next couple years.

Back in April when we learned of this new job and move, the details were overwhelming to say the least..our landlord had sold our house in England,  the job hand off dates were not working in our favor, visas were expiring, and let's not forget a wedding thrown into the mix!   We had no idea how any of it would work out and from all appearances in the beginning, every detail was working against us. Thankfully, the Lord in His great kindness worked everything beautifully and while its definitely had its challenges, it certainly has gone way smoother than we ever imagined. I am hoping that "smooth sailing" continues.

This evening I read an email from the carrier of our "hold baggage"..the smaller shipment that is supposed to arrive quickest and has all of the things we needed to use until the end of our time in our house there and would have helped us set up a minimal household here quickly.  I had a good laugh at this line:  Rest assured that our team has eyes on your shipment and is seeing it through to final destination with as much expediency as possible.   MWC suggested I reply back and ask who took their eyes off of it.  For it is missing, lost, AWOL or as they put it, "misplaced."  It seems an awfully big thing to misplace a crate with someone's belongings but someone managed to do it.  I am hopeful it will show up eventually, and even more hopeful at the evidence that the Lord is working on me as evidenced at my lack of anxiety and that I am more amused over their email and their choice of wording  (you "misplace" keys, glasses, or other small items not 800 pound crates!) than the current uncertain status of our things.

I will keep you posted and hopefully when the dust settles a bit and I have some photos to share, I'll post a narrative of Swan and Tiger Tamer's wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)