Dear Young Friend,
I have had the privilege of knowing, loving and praying for you since you were just a little girl. You have always brought so much joy to those who know you with your infectious grin and sweet disposition.
You have been raised a "military brat" though why they call you all "brats" I'll never know. You and your "kind" are among the most resourceful, brave, resilient, friendly and outgoing bunch of people I know and "brat" does not come to mind when I think of the grace required to not only endure but thrive in the lifestyle that you all have been born into.
You are now a lovely young woman and ready to move on from the life of military brat to that of military wife. You are more than prepared for this adventure and know exactly what you are getting into. However that does not make the heartaches and surprises along the way any less painful when you must face them.
And today, you must face one...and you haven't even made it down the aisle yet to your official status change. And for that reason, I weep for you today. For today you will learn that your groom will not be available to meet you at the end of that aisle..for duty will have called him elsewhere... on your anticipated wedding date.
I do not know what the two of you will decide to do with this unexpected change of plans, but I do pray for great wisdom and patience for the two of you as you determine your next step.
As I prayed this morning, I kept thinking back to a little girl I knew many years ago. We had stopped at a rest stop, and I had bought chocolate bars for all the children. You, my young friend, did not like chocolate and I'd forgotten. You very sweetly and graciously said simply, "No thank you Ma'am," with a smile on your face even though I had nothing else to offer you in its place to sweeten the disappointment. You were content to be without a treat.
I know today's offering can not even compare to an unwanted chocolate candy and you'd like nothing better than to say "no thank you" to it as well. . But while I had nothing to offer in my meager disliked gift's place, today's gift Giver has something infinitely better waiting for you in its place. I do not know what that will be, but pray that you and your groom find it soon and realize its blessings immensely.
So my dear young friend, today I pray you and your groom will find comfort knowing the Lord has you in His arms and in His will you will never be disappointed, even when there are tears along the way.
I have had the privilege of knowing, loving and praying for you since you were just a little girl. You have always brought so much joy to those who know you with your infectious grin and sweet disposition.
You have been raised a "military brat" though why they call you all "brats" I'll never know. You and your "kind" are among the most resourceful, brave, resilient, friendly and outgoing bunch of people I know and "brat" does not come to mind when I think of the grace required to not only endure but thrive in the lifestyle that you all have been born into.
You are now a lovely young woman and ready to move on from the life of military brat to that of military wife. You are more than prepared for this adventure and know exactly what you are getting into. However that does not make the heartaches and surprises along the way any less painful when you must face them.
And today, you must face one...and you haven't even made it down the aisle yet to your official status change. And for that reason, I weep for you today. For today you will learn that your groom will not be available to meet you at the end of that aisle..for duty will have called him elsewhere... on your anticipated wedding date.
I do not know what the two of you will decide to do with this unexpected change of plans, but I do pray for great wisdom and patience for the two of you as you determine your next step.
As I prayed this morning, I kept thinking back to a little girl I knew many years ago. We had stopped at a rest stop, and I had bought chocolate bars for all the children. You, my young friend, did not like chocolate and I'd forgotten. You very sweetly and graciously said simply, "No thank you Ma'am," with a smile on your face even though I had nothing else to offer you in its place to sweeten the disappointment. You were content to be without a treat.
I know today's offering can not even compare to an unwanted chocolate candy and you'd like nothing better than to say "no thank you" to it as well. . But while I had nothing to offer in my meager disliked gift's place, today's gift Giver has something infinitely better waiting for you in its place. I do not know what that will be, but pray that you and your groom find it soon and realize its blessings immensely.
So my dear young friend, today I pray you and your groom will find comfort knowing the Lord has you in His arms and in His will you will never be disappointed, even when there are tears along the way.
For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
With much love
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment
For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)