Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Alien plant

Sweetness, Sunshine and I recently went to Longwood Gardens with my parents. We had a "fabulous day" according to Sunshine (and she's right!) We saw really cool plants, beautiful flowers, amazing fountains and many nice things. These lily pads though fascinated me the most. They seemed like some strange alien that had landed in the pond in which they sat. From what I could see, this was one large lily pad plant that had just taken over this pond. I overheard a man say each pad could hold up to 60 pounds. (I wasn't able to verify that with a docent though.) We were tempted to sit a girl on it and test it out, but we did refrain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

For the sake of privacy, I do not use my family's real names on my blog. Please be mindful of that as you leave your comments. Thanks! :)